Re: [News] [Rival] Windows Vista Goes Titsup Again After Security Update

____/ blobby on Thursday 17 April 2008 02:03 : \____

> On Thu, 17 Apr 2008 01:44:43 +0100, Homer wrote:

>>> Windows Vista update 'kills' USB devices
>>
>> Have they fixed their Home Server: File Corrupter Edition, yet?
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/946676
>
> :: Article ID :       946676
> :: Last Review        :       March 10, 2008
> :: Revision   :       5.0
> ::
> :: This issue can now be reliably reproduced, and a fix is in
> :: development. Microsoft intends to release beta test versions of a fix
> :: over the next few months, with a final version currently planned for
> :: June 2008. That date could change as testing progresses. Thorough
> :: testing of the fix is critical and will take time.
>
> Thorough testing? That will be a Microsoft first. Beta fixes over the
> next few months? I suppose 3 is a few.
>
> So the answer seems to be no, they have no fix.

It will come in June at the earlier. In the mean time, believe it or not,
Microsoft continues to sell defective products that can wipe people's
financial data (high business risk) and shops actually stock that thing
_WITHOUT A WARNING_ to customers.

In my humble opinion, those in the EC who currently handle a proposal for a
Microsoft embargo should look into this.

"We should dedicate a cross-group team to come up with ways to leverage Windows
technically more."

                                        --Jim Allchin, Microsoft