Re: [News] [Rival] Another Microsoft Senior Vice President (Windows Executive) Jumps Ship!

____/ Homer on Wednesday 16 April 2008 21:47 : \____

>> ____/ Homer on Wednesday 16 April 2008 17:43 : \____

>>> When your product development shifts from seasoned professionals to
>>> outsourced sweat-shop workers in a third-world country, you know
>>> it's time to pack your bags and go home.
>>
>> It's the same with Novell now. Just published:
>>
>> Novell to invest $100 mln in India over 3 yrs
>
> In all fairness to the Indians, they'll probably do a better job than
> Microsoft. They certainly can't do much /worse/.

They are very good programmer. What pisses me off is not the offshoring, but
the lies (excuses and truth-bending) you constantly hear from the CEOs. Just
watch Gates as he mocks the intelligence of Americans in order to justify cost
savings. It's appalling, coming from the same man who says that an average
computer user has the brain of a spidermonkey. You can probably still remember
the things he said in that page about his attitude towards software bugs.

> As for Microvell ...
> they're a spent force, destined for oblivion, just like Linspite.  Of
> course that was Microsoft's plan all along, so in that sense they won
> and ironically we (the detractors) helped them.  Not that we had much
> choice ... help Microsoft poison Free Software,  or help them destroy
> sellout Linux vendors. Some choice.
>
> With that much money they have an almost invincible power to corrupt,
> and oh how they love to wield that power. May they burn in Hell.

Let's watch what they do. On the Internet, crimes can be made shallow,
particularly owing to bloggers who are close to the incidents (the
OpenMalaysia Blog for example).

Network traffic is  being polluted by SPAM. Help the Internet. Adopt *nix.
Cpu(s): 24.3%us,  3.6%sy,  1.0%ni, 66.4%id,  4.3%wa,  0.3%hi,  0.1%si,  0.0%st