[News] Evidence of GPL or Open Source Code in Many Popular Applications

Does your OS systems management got GPL?

,----[ Quote ]
| The three open source players that have managed mid-market and enterprise
| customer growth — GroundWork Open Source, Hyperic and Zenoss — all base their
| products, both community and enteprise versions, on software licensed under
| the GNU General Public License (GPL).
`----

http://blogs.the451group.com/opensource/2008/04/14/does-your-os-systems-management-got-gpl/

TDWI Audio Report: Does BI Consolidation Open a Door for Open Source?

,----[ Quote ]
| History shows that periods of heavy mergers and acquisitions, such as we’re
| seeing now in the business intelligence software sector, are followed by
| periods of slow innovation, as large companies focus on integrating their
| acquisitions. That’s one of the observations of JasperSoft CEO Brian Gentile,
| who sees the agility of open source BI offering an alternative to the high
| price points, and complex features and architecture of the largest BI
| packages.
`----

http://www.esj.com/business_intelligence/article.aspx?EditorialsID=8890

Nortel offers SMBs open-source-based, SIP-flavored unified communications

,----[ Quote ]
| Nortel's Software Communications System (SCS) 500 is a SIP-centric platform
| based on the sipXecs open source project sponsored by SIPfoundry.
`----

http://searchunifiedcommunications.techtarget.com/news/article/0,289142,sid186_gci1309832,00.html

Days ago:

Study: ~50% of Norwegian Software Vendors Integrate FOSS Components

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://opensource.org/node/325