Re: Microsoft: Associate Competing Technology with Mental Deficiency, Using Newsgroups

____/ Homer on Sunday 13 April 2008 12:05 : \____

>> Grease-guns? Did I miss something?
>
> You must be one of the lucky few who escaped the wrath of Sweaty the
> Impaler.

I believe *he'll* escape soon (or be forced out, having already pressured to do
this 2 years ago). His hubris/out of control egomania has led his to throwing
away the company's savings and the next few years will be difficult for the
company (supporting refs at the bottom), which continues its struggle to
evolve. They can't even crack down on copyrights infringement because of FOSS.

Not so long ago (CeBit 2008, IIRC), Ballmer expressed fear of EU fines, but it
should be the least and most negligible among his worries. The EU 'parliament'
(equivalent) is currently testing a full migration to GNU/Linux and been put
an embargo plan against Microsoft on the table.

 Ballmer mentioned retirement not so long ago and the Republicans expressed
desire for his to become a/the Chinese ambassador. Remember that in years to
come it's China that becomes a 'threat' to the US economy -- an issue with far
greater significance than that of IT alone.

Anyway, the next few years will be interesting.

___
Microsoft Plummets, Retail Falls While Beauty Gains in CoreBrand 2007 Brand
Power Rankings

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.marketwire.com/mw/release.do?id=834308

,----[ Quote ]
| Would you believe... that Microsoft has dropped down to #86 within the
| Fortune Best Places to Work survey? That's down from #50 in 2007 and #42 in
| 2006. Like a rock. In a bad way. And who is #1 for two years in a row? Grab
| that chair and give it a big effen toss in the air to Google! Toot! They get
| bigger and they're still #1.
`----

http://minimsft.blogspot.com/2008/02/some-quick-quips-yahoo-86-and-mspoll.html

Microsoft’s credibility turning to junk while Linux revenue grows

,----[ Quote ]
| Sweeping changes are needed in Microsoft’s go-to-market approach, and it may
| find more success by creating products like Live Writer, which found a huge
| following right away. Continuing on its current path, the company will
| continue to destroy its credibility and build animosity with users looking
| for quality products on their terms.
`----

http://tech.blorge.com/Structure
%20/2008/04/10/microsofts-credibility-turning-to-junk-while-linux-revenue-grows/
http://tinyurl.com/5fojkd

Apple has biggest impact on world consumers: survey

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft, the world's largest software maker was also a winner, but it
| received the dubious honor of the brand most readers wanted to argue with,
| and the one they most wanted to revamp. Voted into second place in the
| category was brand USA.
`----

http://www.reuters.com/article/domesticNews/idUSL2850164020080331

Bear Stearns's Advice To Microsoft

,----[ Quote ]
| Co-founder Bill Gates can't be thrilled with watching
| Ballmer drain the company's cash. He didn't get so rich by buying at the top
| ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
| of the market.
`----

http://www.forbes.com/technology/2008/03/17/microsoft-bear-stearns-tech-ebiz-cx_ec_0316msft.html

Microsoft says to borrow money for Yahoo deal

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft Corp said on Monday it may borrow money for the first time in its
| history to fund a portion of its $44.6 billion unsolicited offer for Yahoo
| Inc.
`----

http://www.reuters.com/article/companyNews/idUSN0455692920080205

Microsoft's DreamSpark – What a Giveaway

,----[ Quote ]
| The rest of the $44.6bn (£22.3bn) deal would be financed with an undisclosed
| amount of credit.
|
| What that means is that it must squeeze as much money as it can from its
| operations to fund that debt and still pay dividends to shareholders, who
| will be looking for some payback from the Yahoo takeover. Giving away
| software is the last thing it would want to do in these circumstances, and
| the DreamSpark announcement shows just how worried it is about the future.
`----

http://www.linuxjournal.com/content/microsofts-dreamspark-%E2%80%93-what-giveaway

You reap what you sow.

"Truth is treason in the Empire if Lies."

Roy S. Schestowitz     | Vista - Windows for zombies (and human beings)
Mem:    515500k total,   445340k used,    70160k free,     2024k buffers