Re: [News] [Rival] Rumour: Microsoft to Just Imitate Apple

____/ Linonut on Sunday 13 April 2008 15:16 : \____

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/10/19/technology/19soft.html?_r=1&ref=technology&oref=slogin
>> http://tinyurl.com/ydtq7k
>
> It'll be awhile.

They sought was to become profitable at the time (2006). Windows and Office are
not enough and they won't sustain themselves; not at the current cost anyway
(and copyright infringement levels). Microsoft understands this, but it has
failed to deliver alternatives revenue sources such as Mobile, Entertainment
(Zune, XBox, etc) and Web. Each of these, as far as I know, loses $billions,
only to be partly cushioned by temporarily (probably decreasingly) profitable
divisions.

Raikes Steps Aside

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft is shuffling its executive ranks, with today's surprise
| announcement that Jeff Raikes, president of the Business division, will leave
| the company. Uh-oh. He's not the only executive on the way out the door.
|
| Raikes departure will have huge impact on Microsoft as it completes its 2008
| fiscal year on June 30. His division is one of two responsible for nearly all
|                         ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
| Microsoft's profits.
| ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
`----

http://www.microsoft-watch.com/content/corporate/raikes_steps_aside.html?kc=MWRSS02129TX1K0000535
http://tinyurl.com/34mq2a

One man once said:

"Truth is treason in the Empire if Lies."

In light of this quote:

Microsoft says to borrow money for Yahoo deal

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft Corp said on Monday it may borrow money for the first time in its
| history to fund a portion of its $44.6 billion unsolicited offer for Yahoo
| Inc.
`----

http://www.reuters.com/article/companyNews/idUSN0455692920080205

Microsoft's DreamSpark – What a Giveaway

,----[ Quote ]
| The rest of the $44.6bn (£22.3bn) deal would be financed with an undisclosed
| amount of credit.
|
| What that means is that it must squeeze as much money as it can from its
| operations to fund that debt and still pay dividends to shareholders, who
| will be looking for some payback from the Yahoo takeover. Giving away
| software is the last thing it would want to do in these circumstances, and
| the DreamSpark announcement shows just how worried it is about the future.
`----

http://www.linuxjournal.com/content/microsofts-dreamspark-%E2%80%93-what-giveaway

Bear Stearns's Advice To Microsoft

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.forbes.com/technology/2008/03/17/microsoft-bear-stearns-tech-ebiz-cx_ec_0316msft.html

>> Microsoft to join municipal Wi-Fi fray
>> http://news.zdnet.com/2100-1035_22-6135679.html
>>
>> Gates to generate your electricity
>> http://www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=35521
>>
>> Microsoft takes it to the bank
>> http://arstechnica.com/journals/microsoft.ars/2006/11/14/5956
>>
>> Microsoft Refuses To Acknowledge Major Wireless Headset Flaws

http://www.2old2play.com/News/Microsoft_Refuses_To_Acknowledge_Major_Wireless_Headset_Flaws

More 'ideas' that never materialised in the form of success.

Microsoft’s credibility turning to junk while Linux revenue grows

,----[ Quote ]
| Sweeping changes are needed in Microsoft’s go-to-market approach, and it may
| find more success by creating products like Live Writer, which found a huge
| following right away. Continuing on its current path, the company will
| continue to destroy its credibility and build animosity with users looking
| for quality products on their terms.
`----

http://tech.blorge.com/Structure
%20/2008/04/10/microsofts-credibility-turning-to-junk-while-linux-revenue-grows/
http://tinyurl.com/5fojkd

Microsoft Plummets, Retail Falls While Beauty Gains in CoreBrand 2007 Brand
Power Rankings

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.marketwire.com/mw/release.do?id=834308

,----[ Quote ]
| Would you believe... that Microsoft has dropped down to #86 within the
| Fortune Best Places to Work survey? That's down from #50 in 2007 and #42 in
| 2006. Like a rock. In a bad way. And who is #1 for two years in a row? Grab
| that chair and give it a big effen toss in the air to Google! Toot! They get
| bigger and they're still #1.
`----

http://minimsft.blogspot.com/2008/02/some-quick-quips-yahoo-86-and-mspoll.html

Apple has biggest impact on world consumers: survey

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft, the world's largest software maker was also a winner, but it
| received the dubious honor of the brand most readers wanted to argue with,
| and the one they most wanted to revamp. Voted into second place in the
| category was brand USA.
`----

http://www.reuters.com/article/domesticNews/idUSL2850164020080331

It figures. To repeat the quote above:

"Truth is treason in the Empire if Lies."

The truth is that Microsoft top management is departing or has already
departed. They can blame the recession all they want, but Free software is
apathetic towards this.

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Useful fact: close elevator button = Express Mode
Cpu(s): 24.4%us,  3.6%sy,  1.0%ni, 66.5%id,  4.2%wa,  0.3%hi,  0.1%si,  0.0%st