[News] Yahoo Employees Proving More Expensive for Microsoft, Morale Issue Raised

  • Subject: [News] Yahoo Employees Proving More Expensive for Microsoft, Morale Issue Raised
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2008 11:01:28 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Report: Microsoft earmarks $1.5 billion to keep Yahoo employees

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft plans to set aside $1.5 billion for employee retention at Yahoo,
| should it succeed in its unsolicited buyout bid for the Internet search
| pioneer, according to court documents in a shareholder lawsuit cited by the
| Wall Street Journal.
`----

http://www.news.com/8301-10784_3-9932052-7.html?part=rss&subj=news&tag=2547-1_3-0-20

Another reason Microsoft should give up on Yahoo: Morale

,----[ Quote ]
| There’s been lots of back and forth about Microsoft and Ballmer being at risk
| of “losing face” if Microsoft gives up on its Yahoo acquisition plan. I feel
| as though there’s nothing embarassing about admitting your original idea was
| ill-advised, and after three months, you’ve realized you could better spend
| your billions elsewhere.
`----

http://blogs.zdnet.com/microsoft/?p=1366

Yesterday:

Yahoo Investors See Imminent Microsoft Proxy Fight

,----[ Quote ]
| Shares of Yahoo recovered from a Tuesday morning drop as investors speculated
| that Microsoft will launch a proxy fight for the Web search and advertising
| giant on Wednesday, CNBC has learned.
`----

http://www.cnbc.com/id/24373082/site/14081545?__source=yahoo%7Cheadline%7Cquote%7Ctext%7C&par=yahoo

Recent:

Yahoogle? Microspace? It makes Google look good

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.news.com/8301-10784_3-9916412-7.html?part=rss&subj=news&tag=2547-1_3-0-20