[News] KDE Team Receives Donation for Making DRM-free Success, RIAA Suffers Setback

  • Subject: [News] KDE Team Receives Donation for Making DRM-free Success, RIAA Suffers Setback
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2008 10:59:55 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Giving money to open source

| So far, Amarok has caused $11,557 in sales of Magnatune music!
|
| This morning, I very happily sent a $1155.70 donation to Amarok.
`----

http://blogs.magnatune.com/buckman/2008/04/giving-money-to.html

Big Media keeps losing it:

Court rejects RIAA's 'making available' piracy argument

,----[ Quote ]
| The recording industry's music piracy fight was dealt a setback Tuesday when
| a federal judge rejected the RIAA's "making available" argument in a lawsuit
| against a husband and wife accused of copyright infringement.
`----

http://www.news.com/8301-10784_3-9932004-7.html?part=rss&subj=news&tag=2547-1_3-0-20

Yesterday:

EFF: Microsoft betrayed MSN Music customers

,----[ Quote ]
| The Electronic Frontier Foundation says that Microsoft has "betrayed" MSN
| Music customers and wants the company to make things right by issuing an
| apology, refunds, and eliminate digital rights management technology from the
| Zune music player.
`----

http://www.news.com/8301-10784_3-9931304-7.html?part=rss&subj=news&tag=2547-1_3-0-20

Recent: