[News] Alpha of KDE 4.1 Released; Many New Screenshots Available

KDE 4.1 Alpha1 Release Announcement

,----[ Quote ]
| The KDE Community today announced the immediate availability of KDE 4.1
| Alpha1. With the soft feature freeze in effect, KDE 4.1 provides a first
| preview of what can be expected from KDE 4.1, due in late July this year.
`----

http://www.kde.org/announcements/announce-4.1-alpha1.php

KDE 4 rev 802150: Work in progress

,----[ Quote ]
| KWin with Wobbly Windows
|
| Kwin features a new visual effect known to most of you from Compiz: the
| Wobbly Windows. Only a few days ago the settings panel for this effect had
| tons of detailed options. Most of these options have been disabled now, the
| only thing that can be configured is the window deformation level while in
| motion. This seems more appropriate for a common user since the number of
| configurable settings was overwhelming before. One minor flaw that I noticed
| in KWin Wobble Windows is that the window shadow is not properly deformed (it
| does not adjust to the current shape of the window).
`----

http://polishlinux.org/kde/kde-4-rev-802150-work-in-progress/

Recent:

KDE 4 rev 790000: Better stability and performance

,----[ Quote ]
| This is another revision of the development version of KDE 4 environment.
| Lots of you have asked why it took me so long to publish this article. Well,
| I was just waiting for rev 790000, that’s all. I hope that your curiosity
| will be satisfied since there’s been a lot of changes to describe this time.
| I did my best.
`----

http://polishlinux.org/kde/kde-4-rev-790000-better-stability-and-performance/

KDE 4.1: Visual Changelog (rev 783000)