[News] New Business Model: Free Films, DVD Premiums

Would you buy the DVD if you could watch a movie free online?

,----[ Quote ]
| The producers of a full length documentary movie charting the Bush
| administration's path to war in Iraq are offering it as a free download from
| the Internet in the belief that this will boost online sales of the DVD.
`----

http://www.itwire.com/content/view/17939/1063/

Yesterday:

When Authors Ask Us About the Consequences of "Piracy"

,----[ Quote ]
| The HF books work really well as books, so at best the torrents act as
| advertisements for the superior print product (not often you can say that
| with a straight face). At worst most of your downloads are going to people
| who wouldn't have bought the book at cover price and who will, if they enjoy
| it, rave about it to others.
`----

http://radar.oreilly.com/archives/2008/04/when-authors-ask-us-about-the-consequences-of-piracy.html

Related:

Business Model Gone Bad: The Music and Movie Edition

,----[ Quote ]
| How Realistic is this new Business Model?
|
| How realistic is this? I think it is very realistic.
`----

http://www.5thwind.com/?p=58

Music boss: we were wrong to go to war with consumers

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.pcpro.co.uk/macuser/news/138990/music-boss-we-were-wrong-to-go-to-war-with-consumers.html