[News] Sun Brings NetBeans Closes to MySQL; Django on Linux Tutorial

NetBeans 6.1 packs welcome additions

,----[ Quote ]
| Another area that has seen significant advance is support for MySQL - no
| surprise now that MySQL is owned by Sun, really. The database explorer
| includes new support for MySQL, including easier registration of servers,
| links to the admin tools - which have to be installed locally - and the
| easier creation of connections. It's a sure sign of things to come in the
| future. Hopefully forthcoming releases will include more in the way of
| integrating MySQL tools within NetBeans rather than simply acting as a front
| end to them.
`----

http://www.regdeveloper.co.uk/2008/04/29/netbeans_six_point_one/

Deploying and tuning Django

,----[ Quote ]
| I used shared hosting for my Django-based Encyclopedia of Programming
| Languages (Russian version), but realized, that I need dedicated server for
| more performance and stability. For now, I chose cheap server with 1,8 GHz
| CPU and 512 Mb RAM, with CentOS 5 installed.
`----

http://mydjangoblog.com/2008/04/24/deploying-and-tuning-django/

Days ago:

Java - 100 per cent open source by end of this year

,----[ Quote ]
| Sun is to open source the last closed-source parts of Java, a move that
| should make it possible to fully integrate the software into Linux
| distributions.
`----

http://software.silicon.com/applications/0,39024653,39208906,00.htm

Sun woos Linux distros with bundle deals

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.regdeveloper.co.uk/2008/04/28/sun_open_source_software_distros/