[News] Open Source Management Tools Increasingly Replace Proprietary Ones

Open source management software breaks into the data center

`----

http://www.linuxworld.com/news/2008/042408-opensource-management.html

>From the head of Zenoss:

Viral Loops

| That’s a beautiful thing acquire a customer that recruits other users at a
| compound rate. Given the description of open source software as viral in
| nature it makes me wonder how we might get the I don’t know how to
| incorporate a viral loop into open source software . I am not sure exactly
| what method would work for systems management software like Zenoss but maybe
| the guys at OSS start-ups  Ringside Networks and Appcelerator might have a
| clue…
`----

http://socializedsoftware.com/2008/04/23/viral-loops/

Recent:

Zenoss Core Named 2008 CODiE Awards Finalist for Best Open Source Solution

,----[ Quote ]
| Trade Association Recognizes Zenoss Along with Industry Leaders Red Hat and
| Sourcefire
`----

http://www.zenoss.com/news/archive/zenosspressrelease.2008-02-19.8223440485

OmniPresence Selects Zenoss to Remotely Monitor its Web Conferencing Solutions

,----[ Quote ]
| Open Source IT Management Solution Helps OmniPresence Meet Customer Service
| Level Agreements
`----

http://www.linuxpr.com/releases/10404.html

Zenoss: New dog masters old monitoring tricks

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://news.yahoo.com/s/infoworld/20071129/tc_infoworld/93637