[News] Glimpse at the Latest OpenSolaris, PC-BSD

OpenSolaris 2008.05 Gives A New Face To Solaris

,----[ Quote ]
| Once the OpenSolaris LiveCD had booted, we were immediately greeted by a new
| theme that was vastly different from before. The background is nice and the
| colors have been improved. OpenSolaris 2008.05 is shipping with GNOME 2.20.2
| but not the newer GNOME 2.22 release (Eight Interesting Improvements In GNOME
| 2.22). However, OpenSolaris 2008.11 "Jericho" should ship with GNOME 2.22 or
| ideally GNOME 2.24.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=solaris_200805&num=1

PC-BSD 1.5.1 has just been released. Some screenshots are already up:

Screenshots  PC-BSD 1.5.1

http://gnuman.com/screenshots.html?gid=31

Yesterday:

What Sun was trying to do with Open Solaris

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://thunk.org/tytso/blog/2008/04/19/what-sun-was-trying-to-do-with-open-solaris/