[News] New Releases: Elive, B2D, (R)ecovery (I)s (P)ossible Linux, PC-BSD

Thanatermesis proudly presents the Elive 1.7 development release!

,----[ Quote ]
| After many silent weeks and relentless testing by our tireless users of the
| 1.6 and 1.6.2 development releases, we have now reached 1.7! So testers, line
| up at the iso check-out line and get to it! Thank you for all your hard work
| in helping me make Elive a better distro with every release!
`----

http://www.elivecd.org/Main/News/elive-development-1.7-released

B2D 中文 Linux 計劃 (B2D 不是 Live CD !)

http://b2d.tnc.edu.tw/

Bootable CD ISO (RIPLinuX-4.8.iso)       75382Kb         Apr 21 2008

http://www.tux.org/pub/people/kent-robotti/looplinux/rip/

PC-BSD Release Note

,----[ Quote ]
| PCBSD 1.5.1 - Release Notes (04-23-08)
`----

http://www.pcbsd.org/content/view/28/11/

Recent:

Elive 1.6 development released

,----[ Quote ]
| The Elive Team is proud to announce the release of development version 1.6
|
| Thanatermesis releases Elive 1.6 dev with some interesting new features!
|
|     * New improved boot system of live mode (not finished)
|     * Icedove 2.0
|     * Much better disks and partitions self recognition (filesystems, etc)

http://www.elivecd.org/Main/News/80

Related:

Elive distro illustrates power, beauty of Enlightenment

,----[ Quote ]
| The Elive Linux distribution combines beauty with ease of use. Elive is based
| on Debian and uses Enlightenment as its windows manager, which gives the
| distribution a Mac OS X look and feel. Elive comes with dozens of easy-to-use
| desktop applications that just work.
`----

http://www.linux.com/feature/125793

Elive 1.5.0 development released

,----[ Quote ]
| Big changes on Elive
|
| Warning: This is a very experimental Elive iso. The boot system is entirely
| rewritten, working but not finished. A lot of auto-detection/configuration
| parts are not implemented yet. This version is not ready to be installed,
| this is a release for testers and collaborators who want to discuss it at the
| Elive Testers Group
`----

http://www.elivecd.org/Main/News/78

The Elive Team is proud to announce the release of development version 1.2.3

,----[ Quote ]
| Seasons Greetings to all Elive users! The Elive Team is happy to announce the
| release of a new development version:
|
|     * This version of Elive includes even more stability and usability of the
|       livecd mode, especially when you install applications or do a lot of
|       stuff on it
|     * we have also switched to a newer 2.6.23.9 kernel while we wait the
|       final release of 2.6.24 that Elive is going to use.
|     * The installer includes many useful and innovative new features that
|     permit you to convert any Linux OS to a Elive system. If you have another
|     linux installation on the partition where you want to install Elive,
|     Elive automates the process by saving all your users, files, passwords,
|     and minor system configurations. Note that this feature at the moment
|     only works on systems that use a separate /home partition.
`----

http://www.elivecd.org/Main/News/75

First look at Elive 1.0

,----[ Quote ]
| I love Elive and version 1.0 is a wonderful first full release. Just about
| everything works and works well. The system and applications are stable and
| fast performing and Elive looks exceptionally beautiful doing it.
`----

http://distrowatch.com/weekly.php?issue=20070709#feature

ELIVE 1.0 - ELIVE GEM

,----[ Quote ]
| Summarizing, Elive 1.0 Gem's strenght  is actually it's graphical/animative
| prowess. Since  Elive 1.0 aka Elive Gem is based on Debian Etch,  I am not
| surprised at all that it is a very stable Linux distro.
`----

http://www.linuxseekers.com/content/view/148/1/

Enlighten your desktop with Elive

,----[ Quote ]
| Elive's been in development for several years now and in fact is so
| popular that its developer, Samuel "Thanatermesis" F. Baggen, works on
| it full time. In this month's article, Samuel explains his reasons for
| spinning Elive and how the distro has evolved over the years.
`----

http://www.packtpub.com/article/enlighten-your-desktop-with-elive

Elive - Are You Ready for a New Linux Experience?

,----[ Quote ]
| In conclusion, even if the E 17 window manager is still in heavy development,
| it still looks and acts very well on this stable version of Elive. The
| development team exceeded all my expectations, because of the work they did
| on the E 17 customization and all the other improvements and innovation to
| ease our lives. Try Elive right now, because you will love it, you will adore
| it and most of all, I'll promise you will be addicted to it a long time from
| now on.
`----

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Elive-Are-You-Ready-For-a-New-Linux-Experience-58810.shtml

Elive Revolution Released