[News] GNOME Called "Pretty Much Finished", KDE Gets More Documentation

Where do we go from here now that Gnome has grown up?

,----[ Quote ]
| My recent post about old the beginnings of Gnome and my natural tendency to
| look at the Roadmap for the next version of Gnome and Ubuntu when an Ubuntu
| release comes out have led me to a conclusion: Gnome is pretty much finished.
`----

http://www.ibeentoubuntu.com/2008/04/where-do-we-go-from-here-now-that-gnome.html

Another new KDE resource:

K Module

,----[ Quote ]
| Welcome to the K Module, a.k.a. the KDE Pages. This module contains
| information related to KDE, directly or indirectly. KDE, or the K Desktop
| Environment, is powerful and free desktop environment for the Linux and
| UNIX-like operating systems. It's integrated, consistent, powerful,
| customizable, free, and, best of all, it's blue!
`----

http://jucato.org/kde/

Recent:

Would you pay for a "Work in progress"?

,----[ Quote ]
| Sorry windows people. You have been gypped. You have been ripped off and had
| your coffers emptied into the microsoft pockets. You have paid for the
| privilege of using a final product but have been handed a work in progress.
| In other words an unfinished product. Something that is not good enough to be
| called final. Something with many problems and missing features (where is
| that wonderful new file system?) If you were to buy anything, whether it is
| hardware or software, especially if you are going to rely on it for a living.
| Wouldn't you want it to be something other than "A work in progress"?
`----

http://blogs.ittoolbox.com/linux/locutus/archives/would-you-pay-for-a-work-in-progress-23910

How We Pay for Microsoft's Mistakes

,----[ Quote ]