[News] gOS Rocket G 2.0 Maxed Up; Xubuntu on the Macbook Pro

The Perfect Desktop - gOS Rocket G 2.0 (GNOME)

,----[ Quote ]
| This tutorial shows how you can set up a gOS Rocket G 2.0 (GNOME) desktop
| that is a full-fledged replacement for a Windows desktop, i.e. that has all
| the software that people need to do the things they do on their Windows
| desktops. The advantages are clear: you get a secure system without DRM
| restrictions that works even on old hardware, and the best thing is: all
| software comes free of charge. gOS is a lightweight Linux distribution, based
| on Ubuntu 7.10, that comes with Google Apps and some other Web 2.0
| applications; gOS Rocket G 2.0 uses the GNOME desktop.
`----

http://www.howtoforge.com/the-perfect-desktop-gos-rocket-g-2.0-gnome

Xubuntu Hardy Heron is Ready for Takeoff

,----[ Quote ]
| “So far, so good.” That is all I can say when I tested Xubuntu 8.04 RC last
| night on my Macbook Pro. I didn’t want to wait for tomorrow’s distribution
| release because I know the download will be slow during that time due to
| expected heavy traffic. Anyway, the Release Candidate version will almost be
| the same as the finished product, I think.
`----

http://www.junauza.com/2008/04/xubuntu-hardy-heron-is-ready-for.html

Recent:

Xubuntu on Macbook Pro (Penryn)

,----[ Quote ]
| I couldn’t stop the urge to install Linux on my new Macbook Pro. I know I
| said on one of my recent posts that I will have to wait for the release of
| Ubuntu 8.04 “Hardy Heron” before I’ll take the plunge. However, I changed my
| mind and decided to install Xubuntu 7.10 “Gutsy Gibbon” instead.
`----

http://www.junauza.com/2008/04/xubuntu-on-macbook-pro-penryn.html

Liberating Macbook Pro

,----[ Quote ]
| Ubuntu works nicely on Macbook Pro and it’s easily the best-looking laptop to
| run Linux out there.
`----

http://kahvipapu.com/blog/2007/12/29/liberating-macbook-pro/

Federal Employment Office switches to Linux

http://www.heise.de/english/newsticker/news/102218