Re: [News] School District Bring in GNU/Linux, Mandriva Enters Education Market

____/ Mark Kent on Monday 21 April 2008 08:17 : \____

http://www.mandriva.com/enterprise/en/company/press/mandriva-and-novatice-technologies-present-edutice-the-ready-to-use-solution-dedica

>>> It won't be long before the question of "why are you not running linux"
>>> is the common one, rather than highlighting those which have, quite
>>> rightly, already made the only sensible switch.
>>
>> In some places you already need a special permission to use proprietary
>> software.
>>

> Where are these bastions of enlighted luminary thinkers?

Parts of India and Holland, IIRC. There are also individual businesses that
adopt such an approach. One British business that made the transition recently
raved about great success.

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Useless fact: the buttocks is the largest muscle
         run-level 2  2008-04-15 01:48                   last=