Re: [News] Anti-OOXML Protests in Norway

> ____/ Mark Kent on Monday 21 April 2008 07:16 : \____

>>> ____/ Mark Kent on Thursday 17 April 2008 15:17 : \____

> http://blogs.freecode.no/isene/2008/04/07/demonstration-outside-iso-conference/

>>> It clearly shows the opposite. Some people /did/ care to -- as they put it
>>> -- defend the integrity of ISO by dropping OOXML. Watch the transcript of
>>> the speech from the Norwegian protest.
>>>
>>> ISO has been corrupted and so has the BSI on the face of it. I've been
>>> exchanging some smoking guns by E-mail. ISO can lock itself up in a bunker,
>>> but people around the world still talk.
>>>

>> The internet has made such corruption much more difficult to get away
>> with.
>
> People on Alex Brown's committee have responded to information they found on my
> site (and others). Some heads will roll.
>
> Europe is preparing a legal storm.

I've just read your article on this - Dr Alex Brown is about as corrupt
as they come.  I love the bit in his press release about OOXML being
"cross-platform".  He certainly is entirely inappropriate for advising
the British Library - that's just shovelling taxpayers' cash into
presumably his own pockets and those of Microsoft - this really *must*
be stopped.

> The OOXML fiasco is important because it will be a nice prod to Europe's
> recently-announced test case for Ubuntu Linux and FLOSS. It could also give
> the go-ahead for an embargo -- however limited it may be due to practicality
> and need for 'graduality'.

Microsoft will no doubt "threaten" to stop supporting the EU...
presumably their shareholders will see the wisdom in threatening the
world's largest market, and their share price will rise accordingly...

--
| mark at ellandroad dot demon dot co dot uk                           |
| Open platforms prevent vendor lock-in.  Own your Own services!       |