Re: [News] US Survey: Firefox Climbs in Enterprises, Not Just Homes

Philip <none@xxxxxxxxxxx> espoused:
> Mark Kent wrote:
>> Mark Kent <mark.kent@xxxxxxxxxxx> espoused:
>>> Philip <none@xxxxxxxxxxx> espoused:

>>> Ah, so you're using Firefox to rescue you from a dumb design decision
>>> some time ago, ie., to couple your "internal" apps to closely to IE6,
>>> so that when Microsoft released IE7, it caused all kinds of problems
>>> for your *users*, you know, the poor folk you push this stuff onto.
>>>
>>> Not content with having made the mistake once, linking all your
>>> applications to IE6, you're now *repeating the same mistake* by linking
>>> them all to IE7.  Frankly, I would have strong sympathy with your poor
>>> users if they formed a lynch-mob as an education exercise for their
>>> apparently terminally stupid admins and internal ICT support folk.
>>>
>>> The *sensible* choice would be, *stay with Firefox*, where things
>>> work *without* changing your apps.  If you're very very lucky (and no
>>> ICT department should be relying on /luck/ as a design choice), then
>>> Firefox will be around to save your jobs again when IE8 comes along.
>>> If you're not lucky, then maybe you should brush up your CV just in case.
>>>

>> That was meant to be you in the plural, not personal polite.
>>
> You intent is understood. Personally I agree with you, but I have to
> work with these Luddites.

Ahh, we all have Luddites with whom we must work :-)

--
| mark at ellandroad dot demon dot co dot uk                           |
| Open platforms prevent vendor lock-in.  Own your Own services!       |