Re: [News] Portugal Conned by Microsoft and Intel to Fight Free Software

On Sat, 09 Aug 2008 10:07:16 +0100, Mr Spock wrote:

> It seems to me that its all political with serious money behind it.
> Unless Linux is going to be the global OS of the future, then people are
> going to stick with Windows. Whether you love it or hate it, windows is
> the OS in the office, its whats used. So why teach kids how to use Linux
> when Windows is being used ?

This is the mentality which keeps snit in business:  that you need to
take a class in how to "use" a computer.  Only a *small* segment of the
population actually requires that degree of hand holding.

Also, this idea that knowledge of how to use one platform GUI cannot be
applied to another GUI is just silly.

-Thufir