Re: [News] VMware Has Debt to Free Software

Peter Köhlmann <peter.koehlmann@xxxxxxxx> espoused:
> Mark Kent wrote:
>
>> Linonut <linonut@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> espoused:
>>> * Tim Smith peremptorily fired off this memo:

>>> Thanks for that summary and history, Tim.
>>>

>> Windows 95 would virtualise the DOS?  I don't think so.
>
> It did. Tim is right about that

Not as I recall.

>>> (Cue some jerk to call me a brown-noser for actually being nice to
>>> someone.)
>>
>> I think his final claim is just wrong.  A "thunk" layer springs to mind,
>> although I forget the details.
>>

> A thunking layer is something different

I think you're confusing the dos window with the resident DOS 7.

--
| mark at ellandroad dot demon dot co dot uk                           |
| Open platforms prevent vendor lock-in.  Own your Own services!       |