Re: Stock market totally befuddles Roy and Homer (was Re: Trolls)

On 2008-08-05, Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> claimed:

> ____/ thufir on Tuesday 05 August 2008 21:56 : \____
>
>> On Tue, 05 Aug 2008 11:43:51 -0700, Tim Smith wrote:

>>> No, their market cap went down by $90 billion.  Why does it not surprise
>>> my the neither of you understand the most elementary things about how
>>> stocks work?
>>

>> "As owning stock represents owning the company, including all its assets,
>> capitalization could represent the public opinion of a company's net
>> worth and is a determining factor in stock valuation."
>>

>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Market_capitalization
>>

>> So, its perceived net worth decreased by 90b?  Sounds like "microsoft
>> loses 90b" is a fair title -- which was the title of the *slated.org*
>> article.
>
> It's Bloomberg that said it. Slated just cited it.
>
> The trolls try to spin Microsoft out of big embarrassment.

Now, now. Timmy is just trying to emulate his hero and mentor, Ewik.
Too bad he'll always be a rank amateur at it, unlike his psychic guru
and all around FUDmeister idol.

Timmy, Erik will always be the MS golden boi in their eyes. The best
you can /ever/ hope for is second fiddle. And TAB has as good a shot at
that position as you do.

--
After seeing Windows I realize Bill Gates is an idiot.