Re: Roy Schestowitz is Scared. (was: [News] [Rival] Microsoft is Scared)

In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Jerry McBride
<jmcbride@xxxxxxxxxx>
 wrote
on Sun, 03 Aug 2008 18:18:24 -0400
<jenhm5xa2e.ln2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 03 Aug 2008 21:35:51 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

>>> What Is Microsoft So Afraid Of?
>>
>> What are *you* so afraid of Roy Schestowitz?
>>
>> Why all the anti-Microsoft posts?
>>
>> Why the obvious fear?
>>
>> Most of your daily SPAM FLOOD equates to Microsoft hate, paranoia and
>> false information siphoned from blogs and presented as *fact*
>>
>> So why can't you just advocate Linux?
>>
>> Why do you feel so threatened by Microsoft?
>>
>> Interesting how your resume, Roy Schestowitz, lists proficiency using
>> Microsoft products, the same Microsoft you love to attack.
>>
>> What a phony you are Roy Schestowitz.
>

> All for the same reasons you come here and bash linux I would suspect.
>
> Face it, windows is becoming irrelevant...

Do not delude ourselves in that; Microsoft is still more
than a $50B/year business (much of it based on the aging
Windows platform), though we'll see for how long.

We shall also see if efforts such as Midori (Microsoft),
Singularity (Microsoft), and of course Linux will replace
Windows in the public mind as "that thing which one needs
on one's 'puter", or whether the desktop computer will
simply further differentiate into little pieces: look,
this one does dictionary searches, and that one over there
is a sophisticated calculator; the gadget in my hand is
a pocket phone, the one on my belt opens the garage door.

In the case of fragmentation, Linux might be the engine
underneath, but people don't tend to look there.

And then there's the general economy.  I wonder if Red Flag
Linux will become the order of the day, as the Chinese
show increasing industrialization as the US slides into
a bit of an economic funk.  (But it's not a recession.
Well, not officially, anyway.)

#191, ewill3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
People think that libraries are safe.  They're wrong.  They have ideas.
(Also occasionally ectoplasmic slime and cute librarians.)