[News] SELinux and GNU/Linux Clouds Popularised by IBM

LinuxWorld preview: IBM engineer touts SELinux

,----[ Quote ]
| As SELinux adoption grows, therefore, the research-and-development challenge
| is to make it more user-friendly. "As we find issues, we'll fix them,"
| Shanker said. "We have to make it easier for the regular person to use. Once
| they learn it, they love it."
`----

http://searchenterpriselinux.techtarget.com/news/article/0,289142,sid39_gci1323731,00.html

IBM invests $360 million in cloud computing

,----[ Quote ]
| Now IBM has thrown a few hundred million into the technology as well...
`----

http://www.itwire.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=19803&Itemid=53

Recent:

Open source + open data = Open cloud

,----[ Quote ]
| The same holds true for Google, Yahoo!, and other Web 2.0 companies. The
| clouds they are creating are closed, though Google has been doing some of the
| right things with open data pledges and increasing commitments to open
| source. (Not everyone is convinced.)
|
| So, users need to be vigilant about keeping themselves from getting entangled
| with cloud lock-in. Demanding open source and open data guarantees are two
| ways. Requiring that the devices we use to access the cloud remain open is
| another way, and one that Tim suggested in his keynote. Preventing the web
| world from being consolidated into the hands of a very few players is another
| way, as Larry Lessig has argued.
`----

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13505_3-10000289-16.html

Commercializing the Cloud