Re: [NEWS] Is Linux really the Golden Security Goose Well, one has to wonder.

On 2008-08-10, Richard Heathfield <rjh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
><snipped>
>
> Only you Roy would make a bonehead comment. Linux is no bed of roses, no
> matter how much you try to change the sheets, and neither is OpenBSD.
> You want to know why Roy? That's because fillable human beings wrote it

Fallable.

Now, the problem is whether or not you hand the naieve user a loaded
shotgun with a hair trigger and no safety and then proceed to let them
aim it at their own foot.

You don't necessarily have to do that.

You don't hecessarily have to do that to make things "friendly".

Apple is a GREAT example of that.

Claiming that human frailty means that all engineered artifacts
are equal and that there is therefore no hope and no point in
striving for better is really quite assinine.

It's quite easy to learn from past mistakes and experience gained
over 50 or so years of computer science practice.

> Roy, just like you Roy that put you pants on one leg at a time like all
> human beings. When we as human beings become not fallible, then anything
> we do or create will not be fallible. And that's not happening in your
> life time Roy.
>
> It's junk Roy written by fallible human beings here on Earth and there
> are no supermen or superwomen here on Earth Roy, although I think that
> you think you are superman Roy, you're not Roy. That crap is messed up
> and stinks to high hell and back and is swiss cheese, like everything
> else.

Two words: Parthenon
           Coliseum

--

	Metallica is not worth the ruination of someone               |||
	who has pirated their music                                  / | \