Re: [News] Another Computer Game Ported to GNU/Linux

<newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
 wrote
on Fri, 29 Aug 2008 21:20:24 +0000
<1502248.tf9XsfaRMO@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> 'The Princess Bride Game' launches for Linux; exclusive discount inside!
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | To celebrate today's launch of The Princess Bride Game for Linux, developer
> | WorldWide Biggies is providing our readers with an exclusive 30% discount!
> `----
>
> http://www.monstersandcritics.com/gaming/pc/news/article_1427119.php/The_Princess_Bride_Game_launches_for_Linux_exclusive_discount_inside!
>
> More and more developers seem to be tar-getting the growing
> population of Linux users.

Yeah, but it would be nice if the actual website
http://www.princessbridegame.com/
put Tux thereon; all they have is a gray apple and a
multicolored flag.  (I guess Apple didn't like the rainbow
apple, and their gray logo does look more corporatelike.
Apple Records, for their part, doesn't take a bite out of
their green logo, but still sued Apple Computer anyway,
apparently because of iTunes.  Or just rank stupidity.
http://www.inkycircus.com/jargon/2006/03/apple_vs_apple_.html
)

The good news: the demos are in Flash, and therefore easily
playable on Linux.

> Recent:
>
> Games : Dirk Dashing v1.1 released!
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | Some of the new features they have developed for the upcoming Dirk Dashing 2
> | have been ported back into the original game.
> `----
>
> http://www.linux-gamers.net/modules/news/article.php?storyid=2474

Not to be confused with Dirk the Daring, the (IMO rather
dopey) hero of Dragon's Lair.  This one's a sidescroller,
and he's dressed in a suit as opposed to a coat of shining
armor.

[rest snipped for brevity]

#191, ewill3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Linux.  Because Windows' Blue Screen Of Death is just
way too frightening to novice users.