Re: [News] Speculation: Microsoft Might Want to Steal GNU/Linux

Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> Microsoft and Novell: Buying In or Selling Out?
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | Microsoft could be investing in Novell for a complete buyout at some
> | point in the future after Novell developers create the ultimate OS for
> | them, using Microsoft's money, of course. $300+ million buys you a lot
> | of development.
> `----
>
> http://www.daniweb.com/blogs/entry3012.html
>

> Yesterday:
>
> Novell and Microsoft: Stop with the FUD already
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | In an e-mail interview with Ian Bruce, Novell's public relations
> | director, Bruce wrote me that customers wanted the Novell/Microsoft
> | package, in part, because it "provides IP (intellectual property) peace
> | of mind for organizations operating in mixed source environments."
> |
> | It does? Since when?

Precisely!

In the EU, if Novel and Micoshaft are lying about this or carry on without
disclosing the full 200+ patents that micoshaft claims it has out on Linux,
they can be taken to court and fined, just like SCO got fined.

Every Linux company operating out of the EU can potentially sue.
Since in Germany the precedent has already been set, it would be easier
to sue both Novel and Micoshaft there.