[News] GNU/Linux Newbie Discovers Freedom, Lovew Ubuntu GNU/Linux

The 2008 State of My Linux Address

,----[ Quote ]
| One year ago, I was looking at turning away many years of experience and
| comfortable knowledge. I moved cautiously, but enthusiatically from one
| Ubuntu machine, to dual-booting my laptop, to finally relegating Windows to a
| virtual machine for those unpleasant necessities.
|
| I’m having a blast using Ubuntu, enjoy learning Linux and don’t miss the
| world of non-Free anti-user software one whit.
`----

http://meandubuntu.wordpress.com/2008/12/14/the-2008-state-of-my-linux-address/

Update: The Freedom Key

,----[ Quote ]
| A slightly pointless exercise I know but it makes me feel better and I think
| it looks pretty good so why not make your own freedom key? It's easy and if I
| can do it with my complete abscence of art skills I'm sure anyone can.
`----

http://adventuresinopensource.blogspot.com/2008/12/update-freedom-key.html

“DRM is nearly always the result of a conspiracy of companies to restrict the
technology available to the public. Such conspiracy should be a crime, and the
executives responsible for it should be sentenced to prison.”

                                                --Richard Stallman

Recent:

DRM is always anti-user

,----[ Quote ]