[News] Dell Issues Windows Vista Refund to GNU/Linux User

Dell customer awarded Windows refund

,----[ Quote ]
| Devir was not interested in the Windows Vista system on his Dell laptop,
| opting for Linux – an open source system – instead.
`----

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3632861,00.html

These cases set precedence.

Related:

Windows Vista - the true cost

,----[ Quote ]
| Anyway, our efforts proved successful. After a couple of calls to
| customer service on Friday, we obtained a refund from Dell for the
| unwanted software (Vista and MS Works). The big surprise was the
| refund we were offered: a mere GBP17 for Vista and GBP6 for Works.
`----

http://www.bristolwireless.net/news/?p=274

Dell Refunds OS Cost For Those Adopting Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| Open source technology fans in the San Francisco Bay Area are reportedly
| some of the first who began campaigning to get refunds for Microsoft
| Windows software they did not plan on using.
`----

http://www.dailytech.com/Article.aspx?newsid=4990

How to get a Windows tax refund

,----[ Quote ]
| If you buy a computer, you often pay for Microsoft Windows even if
| you didn't ask for it and aren't going to use it. This article shows
| you how to return your unused Windows license and get your money
| back, freeing yourself from the Windows tax.
`----

http://community.linux.com/article.pl?sid=07/01/03/227237&from=rss

Dell customer gets Windows refund

,----[ Quote ]