[News] GNU/Linux Runs Virtually Everything Windows Runs

Yes, Linux can run Crysis!

,----[ Quote ]
| "Will it (Linux) run Crysis?" --I’ve always read comments like this one from
| sarcastic Windows users in forums and social networking sites hence I became
| curious what Crysis is.
|
| With a little help from Google, I found out that Crysis is a popular science
| fiction first-person shooter (FPS) game published by Electronic Arts. It is
| considered by critics as one of the best PC games of 2007 so forgive me for
| my ignorance.
|
| Why do Windows fanboys brag about Crysis? --Well, maybe because the game is
| really good, and it's only available for their platform.
|
| But do they know that it's actually possible to run Crysis on Linux? --Yes,
| there's a way to install and run the game in Linux, and all you need is Wine.
`----

http://www.junauza.com/2008/12/yes-linux-can-run-crysis.html

Recent:

First Experience with CrossOver Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| One application in particular that I've never been able to see running under
| Wine can be seen in the below image. Whenever I've tried to install Office
| 2007 in the past, with a standard Wine install, the setup process would error
| out before it could finish. Not here, and as you can see, both Excel and Word
| look great.
`----

http://techgage.com/news/first_experience_with_crossover_linux/

Related:

CrossOver Linux 6.0 Supports World of Warcraft, Half Life 2, and
Counterstrike

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://linux.about.com/b/a/257604.htm