Re: [News] Pressure on Microsoft to Embrace and Learn from ODF

On Sat, 9 Feb 2008 02:07:35 -0500, Erik Funkenbusch wrote:

> On Sat, 09 Feb 2008 02:01:24 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> Microsoft's OXML standard debate hots up
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>| “OXML needs a thorough review before India can commit anything. Rushing
>>| through the 6,000 page specification through the fast track process by ISO is
>>| not going to help. The ODF standard was approved after six years of intensive
>>| study,” said Venkatesh Hariharan, co-founder Open Source Foundation of India
>>| and member of Knowledge Commons, a Knowledge rights group.
>> `----
>>
>> http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/Microsofts_OXML_standard_debate_hots_up/articleshow/2768249.cms
>
> Hard to argue with someone that can't even get basic facts right.
>
> Hint:  ODF was finalized in 2005, yet the ODF TC wasn't even created until
> 2002.
>
> Now I may not be any math genius, but 2005-2002 != 6.  What's more, From
> the time it was first submitted to ISO to ISO approval was less than 1
> year.

Roy Schestowitz never lets the lack of facts get in the way of his SPAM.
It really makes me wonder what kind of University he is attending;
He obviously hasn't learned anything about factual reporting.

--
Moshe Goldfarb
Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots: