[News] SugarCRM Foresees IPO, MySQL Acquisition Approved

  • Subject: [News] SugarCRM Foresees IPO, MySQL Acquisition Approved
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 09 Feb 2008 01:59:34 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
SugarCRM eyes a public offering

,----[ Quote ]
| SugarCRM began in 2004 and offers its Sugar CRM package via a hybrid
| commercial-open source model and delivers it via onsite and on-demand modes.
| The company has amassed more than 3,000 customers in 30 countries, SugarCRM
| officials said.
`----

http://www.infoworld.com/article/08/02/08/sugar-qa_1.html

Regulators clear Sun's purchase of MySQL

,----[ Quote ]
| Federal antitrust regulators cleared Sun Microsystems Inc.'s $1 billion
| purchase of open-source software developer MySQL AB, a U.S. government agency
| said Friday.
`----

http://www.businessweek.com/ap/financialnews/D8UM8OJG0.htm

Can open source and capitalism co-exist?

,----[ Quote ]
| So, why do they care? Because open source makes money. In my favorite quote
| from the panel, Stephen Bate, vice president of software development at
| FOLIOfn, an online brokerage firm, said, "Open source helps people get to
| market faster and in many cases lowers the cost."
|
| Exactly.
|
| And that's why FOSS is becoming ever more important not just in technology,
| but in a whole economy that runs on technology.

Zvents releases open-source cluster database

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.linuxworld.com/news/2008/020608-hypertable.html