[News] Red Hat CEO Challenges Microsoft to Actually Name Patents

  • Subject: [News] Red Hat CEO Challenges Microsoft to Actually Name Patents
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 08 Feb 2008 10:36:48 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Q&A: New Red Hat boss targets virtualization, execution as keys to future

,----[ Quote ]
| You have a strong business background, is signing a cross-patent licensing
| deal with Microsoft still bad business for Red Hat?
|
| If we knew what kind of patent issues we had that would be helpful. So it is
| hard to have productive conversation if we don't know what they are.
`----

http://www.linuxworld.com/news/2008/020708-ceo-jim-whitehurst-pilots-red.html?fsrc=rss-linux-news

Related:

Microsoft, the art of Corporate Terrorism.

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft, no longer the technological leader in the Computer Desktop
| market, is taking on a terrorist role in its attempt remain in power
| at all costs. (see the link to the CNN story below)
|
| The tactic is intended to frighten current, and would be, free
| software users away from products that Microsoft just can't compete
| with. It's not a new tactic, but for the first time desperation is
| beginning to show.
`----

http://sweetcomputing.com/index.php?wiki=Microsoft_Terrorism

Convicted Monopolist Terrorizes Software Industry

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.linux.org/news/opinion/ms_threats.html