Re: Fuddie's shame

[H]omer <spam@xxxxxxx> espoused:
> Verily I say unto thee, that Sinister Midget spake thusly:
>
>> I know for sure it isn't due to a strong like for MS. That's one of
>> the most reviled and belittled companies I ever hear discussed. Make
>> that _the_ most revied, /especially/ by Windozers.
>
> Which makes our handful of COLA Trolls' rabid defence of the Vole all
> the more suspicious. Outside of COLA, I don't know /any/ ordinary PC
> users who /defend/ Microsoft. They don't all have strong opinions, but
> what opinions they /do/ have are not supportive in the least.
>
> However, suggesting alternatives usually results in blank stares, thanks
> to the Microsoft propaganda machine that suppresses and distorts the
> truth, whilst stuffing warehouses and bent politicians' pockets, and
> posting fake grass-roots support on blogs and newsgroups.

Microsoft lost the gloss long ago.  They're just not remotely cool.
Aside from anything else, they're very very old, which doesn't play well
with the younger generation.  Probably of more critical importance to
typical buyers, though, is their failure to get anything into the
growing mobility market.

In the pub last night after a governor meeting, in the group I was in,
there were two Blackberries, two Motorola phones, one Samsung, one iPod
shuffle, two Nokia phones and one Nokia N800 (mine, naturally :-).

This really sums up the issue.  Microsoft have no presence in this area
at all.