[News] New Interviews as Evidence of GNU/Linux (and FOSS) Growth

  • Subject: [News] New Interviews as Evidence of GNU/Linux (and FOSS) Growth
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 08 Feb 2008 06:39:13 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
CEO Jim Whitehurst pilots Red Hat into future

,----[ Quote ]
| Whitehurst: Delta certainly uses some REL (Red Hat Enterprise Linux) and
| JBoss, but it's more of a personal interest. I was hacking around with
| Slackware, one of the early Linuxes that was out there in the '90s, and an
| early adopter and user of Fedora all the way through when I got the call for
| joining Red Hat. It's always been a passion of mine, so the opportunity to
| get out there to lead is an extraordinary privilege and honor for me.
`----

http://www.infoworld.com/article/08/02/07/CEO-Whitehurst-Red-Hat-future_1.html

An Interview with an Extremadura Developer: Bringing Linux to the Masses

,----[ Quote ]
| ...governments around the world using Linux, doing research on such topic was
| really insightful. But one example stood out more than any other, and that’s
| no other than the Spanish region of Extremadura.
`----

http://hehe2.net/linux-general/an-interview-with-an-extremadura-developer-bringing-linux-to-the-masses/

Interview with Nicholas Reville About Miro and Open Media, by Sean Daly

,----[  ]
| Q: Now, you recently came out with your version 1 which I understand was a
| big event for you. [NDLR: Version 1.1 has just been released.]
|
| Nicholas Reville: That's right.
|
| Q: Can you tell me how many downloads you've had of the Miro player up to
| now?
|
| Nicholas Reville: Sure. Last year we had over two million downloads --
|
| Q: Two million!

Open Enterprise Interview: Javier Soltero

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.computerworlduk.com/toolbox/open-source/blogs/index.cfm?entryid=468&blogid=14