[News] [Rival] Yahoo Does Not Like Ballmer, Other Bids Reported

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Yahoo Does Not Like Ballmer, Other Bids Reported
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2008 07:43:14 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Apple among those considering rival bid for Yahoo?

,----[ Quote ]
| In addition to Apple and News Corp., several other firms are reported to be
| unwilling to allow Microsoft to gobble up Yahoo without a fight, including
| American media conglomerate InterActiveCorp and leading Chinese search firms
| such as Alibaba.com.
|
| "Yahoo chief executive and co-founder Jerry Yang is understood not to be
| Microsoft's greatest fan, and would be prepared to line up another 'white
| knight' rather than concede to Ballmer," the Scotsman wrote in its report.-
`----

http://www.appleinsider.com/articles/08/02/04/apple_among_those_considering_rival_bid_for_yahoo.html
http://tinyurl.com/3cuudj

Potential suitors throw Yahoo! to the wolf

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/02/06/only_microsoft_can_buy_yahoo/

And Zimbra is already moving on like there's no Microsoft!

Yahoo's Zimbra ships ZCS 5.0 suite upgrade

,----[ Quote ]
| ZCS 5.0 is free in its Open Source Edition, while fees vary for the Network
| Edition commercial version, which customers can try out for free for 60 days.
| ZCS can be downloaded and installed by customers on premise or used as
| Web-hosted software as a service.
`----

http://www.infoworld.com/article/08/02/05/Yahoo-Zimbra-ships-5-suite-upgrade_1.html

Related:

News Corp. Scrambles To Bid For Yahoo

,----[ Quote ]
| According to our source, other big private equity funds were busy today, too.
| Taking calls from News Corp., that is.
`----

http://www.techcrunch.com/2008/02/02/news-corp-scrambles-to-bid-for-yahoo/

Microsoft-Yahoo Deal Faces Competition Scrutiny

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft's audacious $44.6bn bid for Yahoo! could fall foul of European
| competition law, according to a leading competition consultancy.
`----

http://www.cbronline.com/article_news.asp?guid=6D714A80-16E9-4F25-94B0-B87519A3F182

With Yahoo, Microsoft faces antitrust fight once again

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.news.com/8301-10784_3-9862973-7.html?part=rss&subj=news&tag=2547-1_3-0-20