SlashDot Revolting Against Roy Schestowitz!!

  • Subject: SlashDot Revolting Against Roy Schestowitz!!
  • From: Moshe Goldfarb <brick.n.straw@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2008 03:39:25 -0500
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
 They have got you pegged as a fraud Schestowitz.
It's only a matter of time before you are totally exposed and your
financial backers go off running.

Another fine post here:

 by Azul (12241) Alter Relationship   on Tuesday February 05, @02:01AM
(#22303744) Homepage

A quick search reveals that this Roy Schestowitz is the same guy behind
boycottnovell.com (though the domain's registers don't seem to match those
for schestowitz.com).

I don't know about you but for me this removes a lot of credibility from
his claims (which, in good Slashdot fashion, I haven't read). I always
found boycottnovell.com extremely FUDish (even though I, for many reasons,
didn't like the Novell-MS agreement). The whole Novell-MS agreement taught
me that some people from the Free Software or Open Source community will
spread as much FUD as MS, or try to.

I'm not trying to make an ad hominem argument, just thought I'd mention who
the guy was --as even if you disagree with my opinion of boycottnovell.com,
I suppose you'll find this info useful.

Disclaimer: I used to work at Novell at the time but now I don't. I've been
critical of many decisions by Novell [freaks-unidos.net] (including the
agreement with MS [freaks-unidos.net]). Nowadays I work for the main
competitor the eventual Microhoo would have.

--
Moshe Goldfarb
Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots: