Re: Boost versus TBB

Poor Roy gets dinged, though:

Roy Schestowitz got out of the wrong side of the bed this morning:

Nice publicity stunt, but everyone already knows that Intel doesn't give a **** about open source (unless it means money) ... Doesn't Intel have another charitable not-for-profit project to sabotage today? And trust me, I say this because I know. Intel deserves this treatment because it has earned it over time. Not to mention monopoly abuse and many misuses that directly hurt rivals, destruction of E-mails (court evidence), fake benchmarks... [more]

Roy's right though, regardless of which side Richi Jennings (Ferris
Research analyst) thinks he got out of bed.

I find it curious how some people apparently have a blind-spot for
certain kinds of immoral behaviour, like sabotaging charities for
example, but miraculously develop 20/20 vision when it comes to seeking
out and chastising those who criticize such behaviour. The fact that
Jennings presents this in a humorous light is all the more condemnable,
IMHO. Why does he think this is funny, I wonder? Is it because he thinks
Roy is mistaken, or because he thinks Intel is justified in sabotaging a
charity in order to exploit the third world for profit?

--
K.
http://slated.org

.----
| "[Microsoft] are willing to lose money for years and years just to
|  make sure that you don't make any money, either." - Bob Cringely.
|  - http://blog.businessofsoftware.org/2007/07/cringely-the-un.html

 22:15:08 up 43 days, 19:50,  4 users,  load average: 0.00, 0.03, 0.03