[News] [Rival] Microsoft Wants Vista Fat

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Microsoft Wants Vista Fat
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2008 17:41:13 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Microsoft warns users against using vLite

,----[ Quote ]
| Is Microsoft waving their finger in disapproval at people looking to slim
| down Vista? That seems to be what is happening as many people frustrated with
| Vista's slowness turn to third-party utilities to speed things up. In
| particular, a program called vLite has earned a bit of fame by allowing
| people to make their Vista installations more lightweight, removing unwanted
| components and implementing various speed tweaks.
`----

http://www.techspot.com/news/28825-microsoft-warns-users-against-using-vlite.html

Related:

Goodnight Vista

,----[ Quote ]
| It's been a while since I've been around, for I have been quite
| occupied lately. Nonetheless, I have been at my computer and
| encountered some nail-biting, head-banging and severely head-ache
| invoking issues (to be honest, that last part was slightly exaggerated).
`----

http://www.ace-on-tech.com/blog/20/goodnight-vista

Final thoughts and questions

,----[ Quote ]
| The Vista train is running full steam to its release date on November
| 30 to businesses and January 30, 2007 to store shelves. Is Vista
| really ready? That depends on what it will be ready for. We expect
| that the biggest headache for users will be so-called in-placeu
| pgrades. While Vista was reasonable on all the machines where we
| performed a clean install, it was an absolute mess on the machine
| upgraded from XP, and this problem has been noted by others.
`----

http://arstechnica.com/guides/tweaks/vintagevista.ars

Microsoft feeling heat from Linux in budget flash PC market

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20071205-microsoft-feeling-heat-from-linux-in-budget-flash-pc-market.html