Re: [News] Ubuntu Linux Makes Linspire (Ballnux) Obsolete

____/ 7 on Tuesday 19 February 2008 19:26 : \____

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> Miscellaneous News
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | Kevin Carmony, a controversial former CEO of Linspire who recently
>> | switched his allegiance to Ubuntu, has written an interesting blog entry
>> | on the current state of CNR.com, Linspire's flagship software
>> | distribution service. Since Linspire has not made enough effort to
>> | maintain a good working relationship with Ubuntu, he argues that CNR.com
>> | (and, by extension, possibly even Linspire and Freespire), is likely to
>> | fail...
>> `----
>>
>> http://distrowatch.com/weekly.php?issue=20080218#news
>>
>> Microsoft only bribed the dying ones, not Red Hat and Ubuntu. Yes,
>> Microsoft pays companies to sell out.
>

> Is the next one to fall PCOSLinux?
> Just askin

Why? It's a community distro, so it can't really fail. Someone wrote about the
other day about "why if Canoncical bought PCLOS?" but it's nonessential.

Xandros seems weak, but Turoblinux and Novell will take more time to fall or
devolve into some proprietary ugly Linux for people who are into SCOSource and
other such junk.

"I feel we are much too smug in dealing with Novell. Perhaps they didn’t hurt
us in DOS yet — but it’s not because of product or their trying. It’s because
we already had the OEMs wrapped up."

                --Jim Allchin, Microsoft