Re: [News] [Rival] Microsoft Office 2007 Has Severe Compatibility Issues

Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> Basic Compatibility Issues in Office 2007
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | This paper merely scratches the surface of Office 2007 compatibility
> | issues. Many more issues exist that are application-specific.
> |
> | Organizations should avoid a mixed environment of Office versions at all
> | costs, even if it means staying with a previous version until Microsoft
> | addresses the compatibility issues.
> |
> | If Office 2007 must be deployed, then it should be deployed to users as
> | rapidly as possible to avoid:
> |
> |     *Risks of content loss
> |     *Increased training requirements and compatibility-specific end-user
> |     reference materials for BOTH Office 2007 and previous office version
> |     users.
> |     *Increased strain on I.T. support staff
> |     * Decreased realization of the benefits of the new features of
> |     Office 2007
> `----
>
> http://dearmicrosoftofficeteam.blogspot.com/

You are not kidding.
At the moment everything touched by micoshaft 2007 sucks.
You should not under estimate how much suckiness is being
introduced into the workplace through beta quality micoshaft 2007
software. Its a massive overhead for the present and future.
Absolutely nothing works after a while.
Have to save things in HTML, pdf, or import into Open Office
and save. ONLY third party interoperability products
like HTML, pdf and Open Office (www.openoffice.org)
can repair the damage.

My advise - switch to open office. Its ready for the office,
and its cross platform compatible with Linux - the OS most
companies are strategically thinking of moving over into
in the coming months.