Re: Schestowitz In A NutShell (was: Did you run out of new FUD, Roy?)

On Tue, 19 Feb 2008 11:39:33 -0500, Erik Funkenbusch wrote:

> Roy has a lot of people on his ass because:
>
> 1) He posts indiscriminantly.
> 2) He doesn't check facts.
> 3) He often mischaracterizes the articles he posts.
> 4) He continues to repost articles that have been shown to him to be false
> 5) He posts old shit as "news"
> 6) He posts opinion as "news"
> 7) He tries to co-opt everything into a microsoft negative story, even when
> it has nothing to do with Microsoft
> 8) He spams his own blog
> 9) He uses his own articles as proof to support his claims (very rex-like)
> 10) He doesn't even read the articles he posts most of the time, which
> combined with his intentionally dishonest headlines leads to a high level
> of innaccuracy
> 11) He is oblivious to anyone but himself
>
> ... That's off the top of my head, if i really thought about it I could
> come up with 20 or 30 more reasons he generates bad will virtually every
> time he sits at his keyboard
>
> He would recieve almost no criticism (here or digg or wherever) if he was
> just honest, accurate, corrected himself (as any good "journalist" should
> do) when he makes a mistake or posts incorrect articles, Remove articles he
> knows are false from his reposts, and stop prevent opinions as facts.

Great post Erik!

That is a very good assessment of Roy Schestowitz.

It should be added to the COLA FAQ.

The interesting part is that Roy Schestowitz complains that people in COLA
are out to get him but yet he ignores the fact that he gets the same exact
response to his crap-flooding on other boards as well, including digg.com.

In fact over on digg he quite often gets his head handed to him in a basket
but just like in COLA, he moves on and continues the crap-flood.

He has also gone on record in digg and COLA saying he doesn't proof read
and lately that he doesn't even READ OTHERS articles on digg.com.

What does that say about his motives?

Digg is a community where sharing, discussing etc *IS* the entire purpose
and in effect is what makes digg, digg.

With that statement, Roy has just admitted that he is SPAMMING one way
articles and has no intention of using digg in the manner in which it is
designed to be used. For Roy digg is just another place for him to generate
hits to his various hate sites and to keep his benefactors happy.

Roy telling the digg community he doesn't read digg. He sure has the time
to SPAM though.

Notice Roy referring back to his own site.

http://digg.com/tech_news/2006_The_Year_That_Digg_Was_a_Technology_Site

Here is Roy Schestowitz using statistics from his own website to prove
Linux has 35 percent market share:

http://digg.com/linux_unix/GNU_Linux_Desktop_Market_Share_Around_35/#c12973616

Here is one comment about what people on digg think of Roy Schestowitz and
his SPAM game.

http://digg.com/linux_unix/GNU_Linux_Desktop_Market_Share_Around_35/#c12973616

"By OpenStandards 12 hours ago
Please....please stop posting stories to digg, this article is about as
good as your stories on windows and novell.
We all know how many feel about that, you do remind me of the type of
person you tell to piss off but never get the idea and violence doesn't
even get the message through."

And on and on it goes. And BTW this is not just an isolated case, Roy does
this continuously.

Can't you Linux advocates see what a fake, fraud and phony Roy Schestowitz
is?

Add up everything Erik has posted, the little test I asked people to try,
Roy's own comments about not caring about the quality of what he posts, and
a whole lot of other material and you have all of the trappings of a PAID
SPAMMER with an agenda.

But of course you will never see this until you take off the Rose Colored
Glasses.

--
Moshe Goldfarb
Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots: