[News] KDE Demoing Its Wares, New GRUB Editor in KDE 4

  • Subject: [News] KDE Demoing Its Wares, New GRUB Editor in KDE 4
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 15:11:41 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
KDE Displays at SCALE 6x Expo

,----[ Quote ]
| In the mean while, two KDE desktops were demonstrated at the KDE booth. The
| fully featured, reliable and well supported KDE 3.5 was shown to many of
| those stopping by the stall. What most folk were interested in, though, was
| the newly released KDE 4.0. Despite being run on a Via C3 laptop with only
| 256 MB of RAM (minus 32MB for the onboard video chip), so no KWin effects,
| many people were impressed.
`----

http://dot.kde.org/1203380148/

KGRUBEditor — A GRUB Editor for KDE 4

,----[ Quote ]
| KGRUBEditor is a visual GRUB configuration editor for KDE 4. With
| KGRUBEditor, you can edit GRUB entries and alter GRUB settings. KGRUBEditor
| is very easy-to-use. The latest version of KGRUBEditor is 0.5b. You can get
| it at KDE-Apps.org web site.
`----

http://phorolinux.com/kgrubeditor-a-grub-editor-for-kde-4.html

Looks nice.

Related:

KDE 4 vs KDE 3.5: KMix - Volume Control

,----[ Quote ]
| I wanted to show the sheer number of KMix channels offered with KDE 4, that
| of compared with KDE 3.5 … wow … I am quite sure I wont be needing all of
| them … perhaps professional musicians will find it usefull. When I launched
| it the first time, only the first 6 channles were enabled, but then I decided
| to see how many were there available. All this is with my Creative Audigy 2
| ZS sound card.
`----

http://linux.wordpress.com/2008/01/13/kde-4-vs-kde-35-kmix-volume-control/

KDE 4 Brings Improvements Galore to the Linux Desktop

,----[ Quote ]
| The next generation of KDE, the popular Linux desktop environment, has
| arrived. KDE 4.0 features a completely re-written core with new multimedia
| libraries, better hardware abstraction and
| desktop eye candy that puts Windows Vista to shame.
`----

http://blog.wired.com/monkeybites/2008/01/kde-4-brings-im.html

Fedora Developer Interview: KDE 4

,----[ Quote ]