Re: [News] [Rival] Microsoft Office 2007 Has Severe Compatibility Issues

____/ Linonut on Tuesday 19 February 2008 02:20 : \____

>> Basic Compatibility Issues in Office 2007
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>| This paper merely scratches the surface of Office 2007 compatibility
>>| issues. Many more issues exist that are application-specific.
>>|
>>| Organizations should avoid a mixed environment of Office versions at all
>>| costs, even if it means staying with a previous version until Microsoft
>>| addresses the compatibility issues.
>>|
>>| If Office 2007 must be deployed, then it should be deployed to users as
>>| rapidly as possible to avoid:
>>|
>>|     *Risks of content loss
>>|     *Increased training requirements and compatibility-specific end-user
>>|     reference materials for BOTH Office 2007 and previous office version
>>|     users.
>>|     *Increased strain on I.T. support staff
>>|     * Decreased realization of the benefits of the new features of Office
>>|     2007
>> `----
>>
>> http://dearmicrosoftofficeteam.blogspot.com/
>
> Kind of makes you wonder if the ooxml ruckus is already moot.

There are already 4 separate version of OOXML. It's fragmented.

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Roughly 2% of your keyboard is O/S-specific
         run-level 2  2008-01-24 14:06                   last=