Re: [News] Xfce Has Great Potential of Becoming Dominant

____/ [H]omer on Tuesday 19 February 2008 02:49 : \____

>> What is XFCE still needing to become the #1 choice
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | So far, the applications, tools, accessories and applets that come
>> | with XFCE are not contaminated with the Mono virus
>
> I'm considering switching to XFCE, for the above mentioned reason, and
> others.

I don't think I've used it since 2001 (the same goes for Enlightenment), but
it's far from dead or dormant in terms of development. Maybe the lightweight
desktop envs will make a comeback now that low-cost laptops become hip.

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Useless fact: Digits 772-777 of Pi are 999999
Tasks: 159 total,   1 running, 158 sleeping,   0 stopped,   0 zombie