[News] [Rival] More Microsoft Legalised Bribery for OOXML?

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] More Microsoft Legalised Bribery for OOXML?
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 00:05:48 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
A Pre-BRM Miscellany

,----[ Quote ]
| A quick update on the concurrent OFE conference. I just heard that Microsoft
| employees have now started registering for the conference, around 8 so far.
|
| Interesting. So why exactly are all of these Microsoft guys in Geneva that
| week? None of them appear to be BRM delegates. To quote Doug Mahugh, "Wow. If
| this isn't an attempt to exert undue influence on the standards process, it's
| hard to imagine what is. Who are these people?"
|
| Methinks that the OFE conference has forced Microsoft's lobbying team to
| decloak.
`----

http://www.robweir.com/blog/2008/02/pre-brm-miscellany.html

They have already engaged in illegal briberies (e.g. in Sweden).

Related:

Microsoft admits Swedish employee promised incentives for Open XML support

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=viewArticleBasic&articleId=9033701