[News] SCO Lawsuit Void of Sunstance; Who REALLY Paid SCO?

  • Subject: [News] SCO Lawsuit Void of Sunstance; Who REALLY Paid SCO?
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 00:03:54 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
SCO: taken over, slightly richer, but still on its way out

,----[ Quote ]
| Ovum has been dismissive of SCO's legal claims ever since the company first
| aired them. This latest twist does not change our mind, on the contrary. Like
| many others, we are puzzled by SNCP's decision; puzzled but not completely
| surprised. After all SCO had been desperately trying to find a new financial
| backer ever since the August 2007 legal setback against Novell which affirmed
| Novell's, rather than SCO's, ownership of the Unix copyrights. This setback
| caused SCO to file for bankruptcy in September 2007 and to announce a plan to
| sell its Unix assets to JGD Management Corp/York Capital Management LLC for
| up to $36m a month later. The plan failed. It has now found a Plan B with
| SCNP.
`----

http://www.ovum.com/news/euronews.asp?id=6684

SCO Bags $100 Million But Who Benefits?

,----[ Quote ]
| SCO maintains its image problem and it also carries that aforementioned heavy
| debt. It owes money to several parties including Novell and it could face
| followup lawsuits (comeback claiming damages) from victims of its own
| lawsuits, assuming money remains in its coffers. Why would anyone invest in
| SCO? More importantly, why now? That remains the key question in many
| people's minds.
`----

http://itmanagement.earthweb.com/cnews/article.php/3728651

SCO: it's not about winning but continuing the FUD

,----[ Quote ]
| Perhaps SCO's continued legal battle isn't about proving the validity of
| their argument but about keeping their case in the public eye?
`----

http://www.siriusit.co.uk/myblog/sco-continues-as-legal-mechanism-to-spread-fud-about-open-source.html

Related:

Quick Take: An Insane Investment in SCO

,----[ Quote ]
| Assuming that the legal system hasn't gone entirely bonkers yet, the
| investment also sets Red Hat  (NYSE: RHT) up to follow its lawsuit against
| SCO to its logical conclusion, after the IBM suit fizzles out. If I were Red
| Hat, I'd send Stephen Norris a thank-you note. Seriously, guys -- what were
| you thinking?
`----

http://www.fool.com/investing/small-cap/2008/02/15/quick-take-an-insane-investment-in-sco.aspx

The Goldfarb Declaration - Updated: MS Statement

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.catb.org/~esr/halloween/halloween10.html