Re: [News] [Rival] Windows Vista Commits Suicide with Suicide Pack 1

____/ [H]omer on Monday 18 February 2008 21:45 : \____

>> Re: Configurating updates: stage 3 of 3 stuck in endless reboot loop
>
> What an utter disaster. Good grief, can't the Vole get /anything/ right?
> I can hear the screams of pain coming from SP1 victims around the world.

But remember: it's just RTM of the SP1 to the RTM of Vista (SP1 is not truly
available for consumption until next month). By the measures of Joe "Microsoft
shillnalyst" Wilcox, RTM quality is low and Microsoft redefines the meaning of
release candidate (not exact quote).

> I thought SP1 was supposed to Fix Everything®. I guess Vista really is
> too b0rked to ever really be fixed. Comparing it to WinME is an insult
> ... to WinME. LOL!
>
> Suicide Pack 1 indeed.

Just wait. I'm seeing some new reviews of this SP1 (the result of 1+ years
of 'work'). It's abysmal. It's almost as good as nothing.

Google: organising the world's information.  Government: reorgnaising
                     the world's information (censorship) in its favour