Re: [News] [Rival] Bill Gates Controls Investment Companies by Proxy, Reveals Filing

____/ Sinister Midget on Sunday 17 February 2008 21:02 : \____

> On 2008-02-17, Erik Funkenbusch <erik@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> claimed:
>
>> Gates owns Cascade Investment LLC.  It's not hidden or secret.  It's merely
>> a liability management company.  He doesn't control it by Proxy, he
>> controls it totally.  And, he only owns 10% of another investment company
>> according to the article, which is not "controlling" it.
>
> Didn't read the article. No comment on your characterization of the
> article.
>
> But owning 10% of a company can make the owner hold a piece larger
> than any others, leading to the ability to wield a lot of influence. Or
> 10% could be equal with one or more others. Or 10% could be just below
> the largest owner, giving the 10% owner a lot of influence.
>
> Whether any of that's the case here isn't known to me. But I wasn't
> commenting on the article in the first place.

In a court declaration it emerged that Richard Emerson, a Microsoft employee,
was involved in BayStar's investment in SCO. A BayStar Representative later
added: "Yes, Microsoft did introduce BayStar to SCO."

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Life is too short to proofread"
Mem:    515500k total,   444408k used,    71092k free,     2832k buffers