[News] [Rival] Microsoft, Amid Demise, Spins Like a Balerinna to Hide Executive Exodus with a PR

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Microsoft, Amid Demise, Spins Like a Balerinna to Hide Executive Exodus with a PR
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2008 14:15:49 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
This is absolutely amazing:

,----[ Quote ]
| Press Release Source: Microsoft Corp.
|
| Microsoft Announces New, Expanded Roles for Key Executives
`----

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/080214/aqth103a.html?.v=2

Wow! How hard they try to hide the truth. "Look! We have empty seats because
people ran away and we are pleased to fill them with lesser-qualified people
without experience in the job."

Then, some pro-Microsoft publication tries to say it was a preparation for
Yahoo, but look:

Microsoft's online, mobile phone chiefs depart

,----[ Quote ]
| The software giant says the management shake up has nothing to do with its
|                                                     ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
| proposed buyout of Yahoo.
| ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
`----

http://money.cnn.com/2008/02/14/technology/msft_personnel.ap/index.htm?source=yahoo_quote

When people /quit/ the company, it had nothing to do with Yahoo. Of course not.
Just spin. Soon comes the debt (Microsoft below $0) because the cash cow ain't
enough.

Recent:

Yahoo's Way Out

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft will have to go into debt to buy Yahoo—at least $10 billion by
|           ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
| reasonable estimates, assuming the deal is half cash and half stock and
| Microsoft wants to leave some operating capital in the bank. That debt is the
| weakness in Microsoft's offer. A year ago—even a month ago—the debt wouldn't
| have been much of a problem. But there's a huge credit crunch going on in the
| US right now that got a whole lot worse in just the past week.
|
| Banks are seeing real problems in areas like LBO, or leveraged buy-out, debt
| that along with problems with commercial mortgages and bonds are putting a
| real squeeze on credit. I'm sure Microsoft is a good credit risk, but there
| still has to be money to lend. And Microsoft might look like a whole lot less
| of a good risk should the company have to borrow more to buy Yahoo.
`----

http://www.microsoft-watch.com/content/corporate/yahoos_way_out.html?kc=MWRSS02129TX1K0000535

Microsoft's Last Big Beat: Internet Domination or Death

,----[ Quote ]
| What can $44.6B USD mean? Well, for Microsoft (MSFT) it may mean the cost of
| survival.
`----

http://seekingalpha.com/article/63876-microsoft-s-last-big-beat-internet-domination-or-death?source=yahoo

Related:

Will Microsoft Survive the Next 10 Years?

,----[ Quote ]
| I am not really an expert in this but when I read all the negative
| headlines and articles I ask myself if Microsoft really will survive
| the next 10 years.
|
| [...]
|
| I am pretty sure that the Open Source Community, the new Ubuntu,
| Google and of course Apple are those companies that are ready for
| our century and they will get more and more people that know what
| they really want.
`----

http://websquirrel.blogspot.com/2007/03/will-microsoft-survive-next-10-years.html

P. Graham: Microsoft is Dead