Re: [News] Ubuntu GNU/Linux Claimed to Be the Best of FOSS

On Sun, 17 Feb 2008 09:42:50 -0500, Rick wrote:

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>> Ubuntu 7.10 - The Best of Open Source Software
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>| The buzz around Ubuntu - an open source Linux distribution that can work on
>>| desktops, laptops and servers is immense. Ubuntu is open source software at
>>| its best. The open source initiative lays down definitions for open source
>>| software distribution.
>> `----
>
> It seems to me that every point in the article equally applies to PCLinuxOS.

And last week Roy Schestowitz was harping about Fedora being the best.
He's reached the point where he just posts the same article 15 times with
15 different distributions.

> While Ubuntu is a very solid distribution, I think its excellent
> marketing is the thing that has put it out front.

Exactly!
It's money, connections and a someone to lead.
Had Shuttleworth put his cash behind PCLinuxOS, THAt version of Linux would
be where Ubuntu is today in terms of mainstream popularity.

--
Moshe Goldfarb
Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots: